Finally we have a mini list of baby-wear made by from women of color, some even outside the country of the United States. Now I recently had a baby (congrats to me!) and been struggling on carrying this little girl in the car seat everywhere. This makes me dread folding and unfolding strollers. n case any other mother’s are in a similar story as me, this post will be your best friend in finding the perfect babywear.
If you looking for...
Then you'll enjoy these benefits from baby-wearing:
- Breastfeeding friendly
- Premature and colic-friendly
- Use for belly support or Rebozo technique (South American technique) depending on style
- Made from organic materials
- Improves infant brain development
- Responds to baby's needs faster
- Great way for father's to bond with child
TotoWraps is an Keyan owned brand; known for using skilled artisans to make baby-wearing wraps and other styles by hand.
- Use various from Newborn to 2 years old
- Hypersensitive fabric
- Select style has pockets installed
- Types: Slings, stretchy fabric
Founded by Lillian Mintaya, Three Honey Bees Co is a baby wearing company that relaunched in 2021. All products are handmade with Linen fabric.
- Use various from new-born to 35 lbs
- Select styles made with invisible pockets
- Select styles made with Linen fabric or organic cotton
- Comes with matching pouch
The owner of Helina Baby, Ingrid Gayle, built her business out of passion based off her experience. With the help of her health team, they created a natural dyed, organic baby carrier for mothers on the go.
- Made for all shapes and sizes
- Use from 8 lbs to 40 lbs
- Breastfeeding friendly
- Made with undyed and vegetable dyed organic cotton with coconut shell buttons
- Adjust size and length
- Adjustable Seat
- Supports baby spin and hips
Created to bring awareness to the Black community, is by a black owned mom company that offers traditional baby carrier called Khangas or Doti. This eco-friendly company provides over 30 prints for you to select with 2 styles.
- Comes in several sizes
- Plus sized friendly
- 100% cotton
Wrapsodybody offers a wide range of styles such as Hybrid, breeze woven, ring-sling, and Wrapduo. Made by local hands, this business aim to keep an eco-friendly, plant base....
- Hand natural dyed
- Support children up to 35 lb
- Select items come in pouches
- Select item hypoallergenic
- Select items Sweat/moisture free
- Recyled material
Based in the UK, this black owned company sells slings and wraps made from organic material
Enter your text here...
- Provides back and shoulder support
- 7 in 1 feature, Includes reclined, semi-reclined, and upright position Swaddle, Cradle, Semi-cradle, Face In ,Face Out ,Hip Back positions
- Adjustable for baby
- Up to 35 lbs
- Waterproof chewme straps (for drool and sweat)
Inspired by her daughter, Sakia Stewart took the initiative to create a fun and easy baby sling made out of 100% linen.
- Made out of 100% European linen and 100% aluminum rings
- Breathable & lightweight
- Available in sizes 75 inches long and 85 inches long
- Hand made
- Available in single or double